vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Don't... - Jack L. Pyke I almost didn't finish this one. I hit a wall somewhere around the half-point and was furious. Curiosity, being my greatest weakness, ensured that persevered. I'm glad I did, but it still doesn't make me less upset about what happened. This is a suspense and the way it is set up is kind of like playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey--you go round and round mostly blind, occasionally peeking out, and trying to take a stab at where you think things are. That part I got. I actually, imagined worse and yay! Happier ending then I predicted. What can I say, I'm not an optimist. My problem, my huge ugly wart--here's a quarter, go have a rat chew that off your face--revolves around a decision made that I disagree with 100%. Now I have to use a spoiler because if you haven't read it then it will ruin things. So DON'T CLICK unless you've read it, and if you don't have self-control--that's NOT MY FAULT! Gray's decision to try/allow Jan to try and dominate Jack was a NO--NO Fucking Way! No training, Jack's already compromised from his previous assignment, and Jan's NOT a dominant!!! This is a travesty and a fucking nightmare and pissed me off. Still pissed.Now the conclusion is way happier than I predicted, my ending was bad, really bad and made my spoiler rant look like nothing. Do I have issues with it? Not really. I'd say more, but again spoiler-->The villain was a bit of a stretch who it turned out to be, but the general clues of where the attacks were coming from were not surprising, just the precise individual responsible.Overall, entertaining and enjoyable except for the major thorn which aggravated me.