vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf

Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty

Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty - S.J.D. Peterson, M.J. O'Shea,  Brian Jackson,  Kari Gregg,  Kim Dare,  A.J. Llewellyn,  Serena Yates,  Eve Ocotillo,  Jessica Freely,  Heinrich Xin,  William  Cooper,  Wren Boudreau,  Deanna Wadsworth,  Selah March,  Sarah Madison,  Stephani Hecht,  Amy Lane,  Angela Ben "A Shiny New Toy" by M.J. O'SheaRating: 4 starsHot, young loving. Two best friends find they have even more in common than sports and favorite pizza toppings in this scorcher. James has been secretly wishing his best friend, Quinn was more. I guess Christmas wishes do have a way of coming true. "Crying Wolf" by Jade ArcherRating: 3.5 starsNice worldbuilding in this fantasy offering with one recluse mage and the runaway slave wolf-boy. The dynamics between the two are hot and definitely intrigues me enough to seek out more--hopefully in a full length novel."The Conquerors" by Mark AldersRating: Did not read yet"Leaking Pipes" by Deanna WadsworthRating: 3 starsSimple story of being in the right place at the right time and not all disasters are bad things, even when you're prepping for the party of the year."A Wish for Jamie" by Em WoodsRating: 3.5 starsThis is tender and sexy as Alex gives Jamie a present he truly deserves. A little bit of heartache in this Christmas story, but definitely ends with a sigh. "Pony Up" by Rachel HaimowitzRating: 4 starsHoly Smoking Hot Christmas Party!Ahem. Leave it to Haimowitz to come up with a delightfully deviant Christmas party offering with one appropriately dressed boy, see the title, and his Master's use of him during a collaring celebration. Disappointment lies with the fact that it ended just when it was starting to get really interesting. * deep sighI guess I wasn't a good enough girl for that :(