vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Fixation - Inara Lavey I read a lot; I read a lot of intellectual things and a lot of smut, but rarely do I get to put my hands together. Fixation pegs both. Smart and sexy, it features Mesoamerican beliefs, big cat rescue operations, and less well-known San Fran locales. Take one werejaguar throw in an unsuspecting exotic feline volunteer just trying to figure out a less than perfect life and the adventure of a lifetime--at least for her. Fixation is funny. Amusing internal monologue of the heroine keeps things light even when everything's up against the wall. Essentially, take a well-written chick lit novel take away all the whining and self-indulgent moaning and posturing and voila! Favorite quotes:They were all small enough to count as prospective prey to a jaguar, although toddlers would be even better. At the Feline Preservation Center, the docents and keepers refer to babies in strollers as “meals on wheels.”“No, little Maya,” he whispered against my ear. “I let you go last night. I do not have enough will power to do so again.”