vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
A Luminous Touch (Senses and Sensations) - Susan Laine 2.5 starsSweet EMT seeks loving partner who can handle unrepentant flirting and likes dancingBachelor #1: Luke, sexy and caring Fireman who knows what he wants and is willing to go for itBachelor #2: Kevin, quiet detective and dependable partner to Jordan, Jack's older brother for years. History from an on and off again relationship has left both Jack and Kevin feeling a bit wary. They're great together...in bed...but get into trouble with the everyday. Should they try again? Jack is more than ready to say, "Nah" but Kev isn't going anywhere. Of course, Luke is more than happy to push into the space between the two caused by their distancing from each other. Unfortunately, Jack's got more problems than being the bone two hot men are using to play tug-o-war and it's deadly. Oddly disjointed storytelling that has a nice suspense that draws the reader in, but comes across a little melodramatic. Then there's a sprinkle of D/s and wax play with little lead in so I'm wondering as the reader when did the characters decide this? The story itself feels like it stops and goes which is affected by dialogue which is long-winded and delivered in a fashion that few humans can mimic. I guess that I wanted to like it more than I did. Favorite quote:Dumbfounded, Jack stared at the red rose, perfect with its long stem and just-about-to-open bud, and it was clear he had no idea what to do. Reviewed for Hearts On Fire Reviews~~A copy was provided to me for a No Glitter Blown Review~~