vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Victorious Star - Morgan Hawke Nice world building with a sort of Battlestar Galactica meets Farscape feel. Some serious bdsm with a healthy dose of all which is set in the hierarchical world of a military ship. Throw in some twisted ties revolving around the three primary characters and slavery--it's bound to be crazy hot. Sure the sex is off the charts, but it's the story that pushes you along so it doesn't become a stream of never-ending IKEA sex. It truly is a smorgasbord of sexual encounters, definitely not for the timid with menage, m-m, f-f-f, m-m-f, m-f-m, exhibitionism, blood play, heavy D/s, showers of both varieties, etc.That said I loved all three protagonists and Hawke did a wonderful job expressing the internal conflicts each faced. This is not a weak heroine and for her to submit was a challenge, in many ways and was successful. Victoria comes across a force to be reckoned with and respected even as a submissive. Plus, there's a treat with the non-human, Seht whom is endowed in quite the most distracting manner. Can wait to read the second book in the series.