vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Ricochet - Xanthe Walter In a world much like our own--except sexual fluidity and bed play are the norm--there is the awakening of two men. Both are hidden from themselves and failing miserably in their personal lives while starring in a popular TV series. After some on set matchmaking Matt and Rick are suddenly discovering the other's complexities and exploring their dynamics. Watch out for speed bumps and wrong turns as these two are unwrapped. I really enjoyed this one even though the world building was not complicated. If you accept the Twilight Zone-esque alternate universe this is a fun and just a bit surprising in the depth of emotion and sociology. Favorite quote:"Well, to be honest, I think there's a reason why nobody ever put licorice and salmon together before," Matt replied bluntly. Ricochet (p. 243)"I'll touch you, kiss you, stroke you, spank you, bite you, and fuck you until you lose that skittishness and submit without question," he promised, his hands wandering freely over Matt's body. "None of them could ever make you truly surrender - but I will." Ricochet (p. 303)