vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Room at the Edge - Jane Davitt,  Alexa Snow Verra, verra nice. Good development in tying Liam, Jay, and Austin closer together in their relationship in this follow up to [b:Room at the Top|12446339|Room at the Top|Jane Davitt|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1314397484s/12446339.jpg|17429351]. The men are stretching themselves from just playing to being. The strides made by Liam and Jay are especially impressive. We really get to see more of Jay and how Liam is able to wrangle him in and help him find his submission. It isn't easy. Austin and Jay have different needs, but Liam is amazing--patient, caring, and takes no bullshit. He gives them a comfort that can't find without him, and Austin and Jay give him a release, peace and sense of self that he never knew without them. The play ramps up, but as much as I love the physical it is the mental and emotional care given that makes this shine. Favorite quote: (Liam and Jay battling it out)"Your little rebellions are starting to irritate me. So futile. So ungrateful. I think it’s time you learned who’s in charge here. I’ll give you a clue. It’s me.”