vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Dragon Bound - J.B. McDonald I suspect that jumping in mid-stream or rather for the last of the rapids probably contributed to a bit of my confusion at the onset, but I quickly got my bearings. Honestly, if I had read the entirety of the series I would have rated this higher--4 stars, for it does seem to be a very satisfying ending for these men. Now, I want to go back and read the series from the onset. It's a fairly fast-paced fantasy tale with lovable heroes. Good entertainment value: chase scenes, a dragon with attitude, loyalty, and terrifying injuries--what's not to like. Oh yeah...there's also this part where my heart went pitter patter and I sighed deeply, but since that messes with my street cred I'm gonna say that it was the blood that bumped up the rating for me.Having done this wrong, I recommend reading the series in order. Don't follow my bad example.Favorite quote:“Is that what you’ve been saying all this time?” he asked, rubbing his cheek against Katsu’s. He could hear the answering smile in Katsu’s voice. “Sometimes. Sometimes it’s more crude.” ~~A copy was provided to me for a No Glitter Blown review~~