vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Dynasty of Ghosts - P.L. Nunn Changing the voices in your head is not an easy task, to unlearn everything that's been pounded into you, and honestly, there is always tension even when you accept a new ideology. This is what Ilya faces as he struggles with Ashe and his feelings. For a PL Nunn book, this is a breezy stroll with only one violent scene aside from battles. There is a questionable start to their relationship and Ashe does abuse his power, but otherwise this is quite sweet. That said, Ashe's not the brightest bulb in the pack, thank goodness he has Lurene for political advisement because he's rash and too self-absorb. Now, ghosts are not generally something I enjoy reading, but it was great and a significant portion of the character struggle in this story. I kept expecting it to become more entwined with the main plot than it did, rather than just an auxiliary one. Favorite quote: He had almost convinced himself that nothing that felt so good, that made two people so happy, could be considered sinful.