vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Bound: Forget Me Knot - H.B. Pattskyn Intense and fast-paced journey for Jason as he takes his first step into the waters he's been eyeing for years. Except that first step is an awfully big one and he gets deep--fast.For a Master/slave story this is very loving. Often when you read these, they come across as My-Way-or-The-Highway, but though Henry is hardcore, his strength and dedication come through crystal clear. He pushes Jason faster than I'd think possible, but that's because he sees something in him that he's trying to allow to emerge--that's been buried for years. Jason's worries and fears and the actions of good-intentioned friends and less so family are in direct conflict of where he thinks he wants to go.There are hurdles to be jumped and Jason has to make decisions. I really enjoyed the perspective on an emerging slave's mind and the obstacles and rewards he faces.Favorite quote:“I really don’t know. If you’re the one making all the decisions, he can’t just tell you no.” “Like hell he can’t! If I completely ignore my boy’s limits and desires and try to force him into something that’s no good for him, then I don’t deserve his service. If he was smart, something I know you are, he would take my collar off his neck and throw it in my face. He’d tell me where to go and how to get there and in exactly what position I should fuck the horse I rode in on.”