vivian01

No Glitter Blown

Honest reviews of things that caught my fancy, or not.

Art in Theory 1900 - 2000: An Anthology of Changing Ideas
Paul Wood, Charles Harrison
Male Colors: The Construction of Homosexuality in Tokugawa Japan
Gary P. Leupp
Daughter Am I
Pat Bertram
Lionheart
Sharon Kay Penman
Silver Bullet (Falls Chance Ranch #4)
Ranger, Rolf
Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Number, #1) - Sarah MacLean 3.5 starsAmusing and diverting tale.A turnabout on the fake rake story with the hoyden-not character of Calpurnia. I give big points to the choice of the Allendale children's names from Shakespeare, especially Benedick since Much Ado About Nothing is a strong contender for favorite. I've read a few of list premise books and this one is good. Yeah, it's unrealistic, but then when is reading any regency romance done for realism. Now, just to contradict what I just said, the reference to the Countess of Allendale as the Dowager Countess when Benedick hadn't taken a wife kinda annoyed me. Kept wondering which rock or country estate he had parked her until there was the whining that Mariana was the first to get married. Whatever. Not a huge deal, but confusing enough when mentioned in conjunction with other titles.Nothing groundbreaking in the storyline or characters, but a solid story.Favorite quote:“Quite nice isn’t what you should be aiming for,” he said, taking her restless hands into his own and allowing his voice to deepen. “Neither should the kiss leave you satisfied.”